Sunday, August 4, 2013

La Familia Garcia

I've been pretty lousy about taking photos since getting to El Salvador a week and a half ago, but fortunately my host mother loves to take photos, and I was able to upload some from her camera.

This one is of me and my host mother, Lidia, right before my first experience eating pupusas, the national dish of El Salvador (they're delicious).


Here I'm with Lidia and my host brother, Josue, inside the concha in the park in central Nuevo Cuscatlan (and yes, I'm wearing pants that turn into shorts, a godsend for Peace Corps volunteers in tropical countries around the world). 


And lastly, this is me with Josue and my host father, Vidal, at the beach in the port city of La Libertad, where we went this afternoon after church.


Unfortunately I don't yet have a photo with my host sister, Gabi, but I'll be sure to post one before my time here in “Nuevo” is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment